Sunday, December 29, 2013

Reflections

I'm thinking about the new year…

What are your hopes? Goals? Changes to come?

The past two years have been challenging. Some relationships have dissolved, completely beyond our power, and this has had a domino (or is it butterfly?) effect on the rest of our family life. As in, when New Year's Eve rolls by I feel ready to give the year a swift kick in the butt and bid it "goodbye". I suppose it is just the ordinary stuff of living, and some stretches are like that. At the same time, I would not want to have skipped or omitted these years, either. Not by a long shot. There have been beneficial results from the challenges, for which I am very thankful. And I am becoming more used to uncertainty (thought I wouldn't say comfortable - ha!). I choose to hope, trust, and believe.

Just saying all this because while I tend to be an optimist (though my husband thinks he is turning me into a realist), my life isn't always peachy, and I don't want anyone to get impression that it is. It is messy and sometimes scary, as I am learning everyone's is. But at least we are all in it together :) See, there's the optimist coming out.

More on my goal(s) for the new year coming soon.

I'm gonna wing it -- no menu plan today. Just taking it easy this last stretch of winter break before we whip everything back into shape with planning and routine next week.

I want to try this slow cooker orange sesame chicken (beware of the sugar) and maybe some jerk seasoned pork tenderloin, but I haven't thought much beyond that.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we can look back on things and see that they were beneficial for us, even though when we were going through them they were so difficult? I too separated from good friends in the past few years and while it was extremely difficult at the time, I now see how much better my life (and attitude) is without them being part of my life.

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! Same to you and yours!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover