When I'm not making the balsamic roast beef, this is my other go-to recipe.
3+ lb. beef rump roast
1 jar mild pepper rings
I forgot to take a picture before!
Bonus points for you if you can find the pickled pepper rings without artificial colors or added flavoring (and let me know, please!) The fact that there are some ingredients in there that aren't known or necessary keeps this from being a squeaky clean recipe, but if carbs are your main concern, you are in luck. Check out the label if you want more details.
These pickled peppers pack a zippy punch of flavor and make this recipe oh-so-easy!
1. Salt and pepper both sides of the rump roast.
2. Place the roast in your slow cooker (I put it in frozen) with the fattier side up.
3. Pour the jar of peppers, juice and all, over top of the beef.
4. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
5. Shred beef in the crockpot before serving so it can absorb some of the juice - this is our favorite part!